Thursday, January 8, 2009

Not-Quite-Spring Cleaning

I know it's not time to even think of Spring because Winter isn't even half over, but ever since I cleaned up all the Christmas decor, I have wanted to get down and get clean. So I started with my windows. I was just going to spray a little Windex and call it good but then I saw this...
Are you kidding me!? How could I have let the inside of my windows get that bad? Probably because my curtains are drawn so that the heat stays in. Once I saw this something had to be done to remedy the horrid situation. So, I put the Windex down, put on my yellow rubber gloves, grabbed my scrubby and washcloth, a bucket of warm water, and mildew/soap scum remover and went to work. Now I know why I don't clean my windows that often because it was gross!! After scrubbing one window I couldn't stop. I traveled from window to window to get it all clean. M was unhappy that I wasn't playing with him but I had a job to do.

So here is what my windows look like now. Sorry I got little too close and blurry with the camera but I wanted to see my reflection.
I was so inspired by the nice looking windows that I scrubbed out my fridge. It's not fair though because that will only stay clean for about a week (fingers crossed).

What is the first thing you clean when Spring Cleaning Season starts?

3 comments:

me and him said...

looks good lace!! you can come clean mine if you want! i usually start in the mud room when spring comes. because the mud gets a lil' think in the winter! (don't worry, i may clean it a few times in the winter too!)

m@R(! said...

love this blog..such a great idea~~ it can't wait to read all about your randomness...

Whit said...

I love it! I can't wait to read more!