First I gathered some materials:
- Garland-I bought a few of these at Hobby Lobby last year sometime because they were on sale and I liked them but at the time I had absolutely no use for them.
- Ribbon-I save all ribbon that is at least 6" long for little touches.
- Grapevine wreath (not pictured)
- Twist ties-I used twist ties because I wanted to make something tonight and I didn't have floral wire and I didn't want to use my glue gun to make it permanent. Thenonce I get sick of this wreath I can take it apart and start over.
I started with laying down the grapevine wreath and laid the garland on top. The first garland I put on the outer rim of the wreath and the second garland was put on more of the middle of the wreath. I only used about 8 twist ties to secure the garland to the larger branches on the wreath.
Here is what I have so far. I have spread out the "branches" on the outer garland for a more airy look. For the inner garland I spread out the "branches" and then lightly scrunched them like pom poms. I left space at the bottom for a ribbon to be tied.
Here is the wreath in Hubby's hand with the ribbon attached. I am not crazy about the way I tied the bow but I will fix it. If you know how to tie a better bow, by all means come and re-tie it if you happen to drive by my house. At least the door doesn't look as naked as it did with nothing on it.