Monday, February 22, 2021

 10 Years!

Yep. You read that right.  I have not blogged in almost 10 years. So much has happened. Writing it all down would take a SOLID 9 months to do if I made it my full-time job, but alas for you distant followers of this blog, or even the wayward soul who stumbles on this electronic outlet of mine...there will be no full recap.

    Buuuuuuttttt...(Yep, I'm leaving it spelled like that) I will give you some quick highlights:

  • Hubby and I have been married over 15 years now! It's been a blast! 

        I must also tell you that we don't always wear hats.  It just seems like we seem to always have hats/head coverings on when I take our picture.  

    We have 4 kids now...FOUR!

  • 1 boy and 3 girls. Don't feel bad for the boy for being the only one...
He. is. spoiled.
These kids are hands down my favorite inventions.
Thanks to Savanah Merrill for our pictures
You can check her out on Instagram @smerrill.photography
  • We've moved twice.
  • Almost moved for work at least 4 times but felt that we needed to stay right where we are.
  • Gone places, seen things, laughed, cried, slept, not slept, ate, created...just tried to be better people in general. 

So that's 10 years in a nutshell...actually, probably something even smaller than that...like the husk of a piece of rice. Yeah, let's all start saying that instead.
 "That's me in a rice husk!"

Why am I back, just out of the BLUE? You're probably thinking "10 years of nothing and now here you come crawling back after you left us with not even saying goodbye? Adios? Auf WiedersehenSayōnara?

I'm sorry. I missed you too.

But, to get to the point, I was looking through and deleting all my old emails today and I came across draft posts for this blog. So I took a gander into the past.....(trilling music playing in my head taking me into a flashback)
It was so fun to re-read the blogs and comments from my friends. People that I didn't even know commented and I miss them too. 

I have big plans in the works this upcoming year since my baby is heading off to kindergarten this fall.     
*Insert picture of yourself sobbing uncontrollably*
*Or maybe not

I have so many projects and activities that I want to share. But, I also love having you comment back and answering the questions to my dilemmas (I like hearing what amazing answers you always give me...I'm selfish like that) 

So in a rice husk (see what I did there), you guys are better than a Google search. You have real life experiences to real life questions, not search bar answers. 

Real people, 
Real life,
Not Google!
Well maybe sometimes Google *wink*

See you back soon!
-Lacey-

No comments: