Sunday, March 1, 2009

Big Surprise Revealed! It's a Bathroom Remodel!

This weekend Hubby headed down to Salt Lake for the weekend. So while the boys were away, my mom, sister-in-law, and sister and her dog came up to help with a bathroom remodel! My Hubby thought that we were going to do just a bunch of crafts. So this was a TOTAL SURPRISE to him! Happy late Valentine's Day!

It was a lot of hard work, a lot of waiting for paint to dry, and also a lot of fun to be with the girls. Of course I took BEFORE pictures for your viewing pleasure. So here they are:
Brown, oak cabinets, white walls, Hollywood lights, and a tri-fold vanity that blocked a lot of light from shining on the counter.

Here you can see all the brown oak and the horrid strip of Hollywood lights.

Ugly Cabinets and check out that tissue paper holder. It has a gold stripe down the middle, which you can't really see.

Boring towel rack.


The remodel starts!
We (my mom, sister-in-law, and sister) absolutely stripped down the bathroom. The light, the towel rack, and the cabinets. Even the toilet tank has been taken out. The cabinet doors and drawers are currently downstairs getting 2 coats of primer and 2 coats of black paint by my awesome helping hands.

I would also like to thank Rhonda over at Southern Hospitality who figured out the best way to put up a mirror and how to do frame the mirror with molding. Thank you Rhonda!
You can see her mirror project here.


Drumroll please....Here is

The Big Reveal!!
So much better! We painted the cupboards black and the walls Benjamin Moore Wedgewood Grey (It is more sea green than it looks in the pictures). We (and when I say "we" I mean all the girls) glued up the mirror and the molding around the mirror.

It's amazing how much larger the counter seems now that there isn't a vanity hanging over 1/3 of it.
Close-up on the framing around the mirror that we made from rosettes and molding.

Finished cupboards and new toilet paper holder. New cupboard with towel rack.
I am going to have a grand ole time changing the decor in and out on the new cupboard.New light fixture. Ahh, so much better.

Here is a list of details on the items in case you are wondering where I got it all.
Paint: Primer, Black paint, and Benjamin Moore Wedgewood Grey all at Bennett's Paint.
Light fixture, toilet paper holder, and cupboard: Walmart
Molding and Rosettes: Home Depot

Hubby was so surprised! I had Sara hide behind the shower curtain and film his reaction. He said "Wow! This is really nice! You guys can have a girls' weekend whenever you want!"

4 comments:

Whit said...

I love it! M does too! Good job girls!

Megan/Brassy Apple said...

Yeah for girl power! Love it! You know I *heart* black - so chic. It will be really fun to switch out the decor! :)

me and him said...

lace, it looks so great! wanna help me put a frame around my bathroom mirror! i could use it.

Johnsens said...

Laci-
My sister was looking at your bathroom remodel and wants me to help her do her cabinets in black when I go to visit. Anywho, I was wondering if you sanded the cabinets or just painted them black and what kind of paint did you use. If you don't mind e-mailing me that would be great. Congrats on the pregnancy.

Brit
britvball@aol.com